The Baltimore Ravens teamed up with Under Armour (and their foundation) and provide a sponsored grant application on their website for youth teams in the state of Maryland to submit their information online here to receive a grant to buy football gear. There will be 120 winning teams. The entire Ravens Rise program is a community outreach piece by the Ravens and is presented by Wendy's, we'll do a more in depth post on that program later.
Sponsorship Buddy's Take:
1. Such a great community piece. Having Under Armour as a local company, providing local benefits to the community is a great tie in.
2. Directly tied to the sponsor's products. Giving away cleats and gear by the Ravens via Under Armour is a great combination. It's just a good fit
3. Youth interactions. Attracting youth in a sponsorship is a difficult thing to do, but can be the right concept for family driven metrics.
4. Great timing; it's before football season starts. This is great off season content
5. Subtle win..... Great promotion to get around the Nike NFL jersey contract and interact in a limited category.
PRO TIP - don't recreate a custom form for the submission collection. Be like the Ravens and use the "pre-built" resume collector in your website's CMS to build your form fast and with less hassle.